Getting NBI Clearance in Dubai
The UAE authorities have announced that a certificate of good conduct and behavior will be a mandatory requirement for obtaining a new UAE work visa from 4 February 2018.
So for a Filipino living in Dubai or UAE, it is necessary to have an NBI Clearance Certificate. But issuing the certificate from Dubai is a little complicated task. Therefore I will help you with that.
This article will shed some light on how to get an NBI clearance from Dubai and what are the steps for it. Before I start discussing, I need to inform you that applying for an NBI Clearance while you’re in abroad is not a one day process thing. You’ll know the reasons why when you get to read the entire article.
Requirements in getting an NBI clearance in DUBAI
The requirements for the NBI Clearance when you applied in abroad is almost the same as if you applied in the Philippines. In getting an NBI Clearance, you need the following as an NBI Clearance requirement for your application. These are the following:
- NBI Form No. 5 and SPA Form
- A 2” x 2” photograph with white background. The photo should be taken within three (3) months.
- Original and Photocopy of your Passport and your VISA.
- Payment of 340 AED
For NBI Form No. 5, don’t worry about this, you can simply get this NBI Clearance document in Philippine Consulate. Please note that the NBI Form No. 5 is for free, you don’t have to pay anything. Just ask nicely
Steps in getting an NBI Clearance
Before we start, I’d like to inform you that you need to go to the Philippine Consulate General in Dubai. The complete address is Villa No. 234-851, Beirut Street, Al Qusais 3 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates with telephone numbers +971 4 2207100.
My advice is before going to the Philippine Consulate General, it’s best to call them first if you need an appointment for NBI Clearance processing.
- Once you arrived in Philippine Consulate in Dubai, don’t waste any second. Ask where you can get the NBI Clearance Form No. 5 and people will be glad to help you.
- Fill up the said document completely. Make sure to avoid any erasures. Though they’re not strict, just make sure that you erase your mistakes cleanly. You must use black ball pen when writing on the forms.
- The NBI Clearance Form No. 5 requires every applicant to provide their personal information such as your Name, Birthday, Gender, Present Address, and other stuff. It’s very easy, it will only take me 15 minutes to finish the entire form.
- After finishing up with the application form, don’t put your thumb mark (fingerprints) yet! There’s a separate step for that.
- Now you’re done filling up the application form, it’s time to put the 2×2 photograph of yours in the space provided in NBI Clearance Form No. 5.
- Now, this part is solely for the purpose of the thumb mark portion of the NBI Clearance application form. You need to ask the assistance or endorsement of the consulate general/Police Agency to have your fingerprints impressed (Rolled Impression) on the assigned spaces in the application form.
- After you’re done impressing your fingerprints, you need to make sure that the person who assisted you have signed his/her name and stated his/her official designation on the space provided in NBI Form No. 5.
- Again you need to ask where you need to go to have your fingerprints on the form. As for my experience, they asked me to go to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Dubai located just across Al Mulla Plaza.
- The said government office of Dubai will handle the fingerprinting of your NBI Clearance form. Note that there are fees to be paid here for the fingerprinting. This costs you AED 110.
- You’re almost done! The next step is to go back to the Philippine Consulate and pay the necessary fees. You’ll be asked to pay AED 200 for the Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and for NBI clearance.
- It’s also advised that you bring two to three photocopies of your Valid Philippine Passport as it is needed for your NBI Clearance Application.
- After your paying all the fees, the Cashier will give you an official receipt. Make sure to keep it. The Official receipt will also tell you the date of release of your NBI Clearance. In my experience, I got my NBI Clearance after seven (7) days. It was delivered to my doorstep.
- You have two option, either you send all your papers to the Philippines where your authorized representative will personally process your NBI Clearance in NBI Clearance Main Office OR you let the Philippine Consulate General Office process it for you.
For that follow my another article on How to get NBI clearance from abroad.
Here ends the article about getting the NBI clearance from Dubai. I have mentioned all the necessary details in the given article and has also mentioned the requirements of the documents in order to fill-up the form.
For any query or question, you want to ask then use the below mention comment box to share. And get more important information on our blog site nbiclearance.website. Thank you.