NBI Clearance For Filipinos Living OR Working Abroad
For the OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker), the Filipinos working and living in abroad need the NBI Clearance. There may be a lot of reason behind why are you getting an NBI Clearance while you’re not in the Philippines but the most common is due to employment requirement.
Here in this article, I will give a step by step solution of How to get an NBI Clearance while being in abroad. So keep reading the article as I will mention the requirements and steps for NBI Clearance Process with its rules and criteria.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
The requirements for NBI Clearance from abroad is different from what the local NBI Clearance requires. For everyone’s information, the some Philippine Consulate General Office doesn’t accept NBI Clearance Online applications. They are still doing the old and manual way where fingerprints and application form are submitted.
Here’s are the complete list of the requirements when you apply NBI Clearance in Abroad:
- Two pieces of your recent 2×2 photograph/id picture, with white background – The Philippine Embassy or Consular Office will ask you to write your name and signature at the back. Just to be sure, ask any NBI Clearance personnel if needed. If yes, just whip out your black pen and write what is needed.
- An NBI Clearance fingerprint card application form – also known as NBI Form No. 5. It is given to every applicant to fill it out. The application form requires personal information such as your complete name (First, Middle and Last name), Date and Place of birth, names of the parents and others. Just like the Registration form in NBI Clearance online. As much as possible, make sure to fill it out completely and leave no blank. Instead of leaving a blank (required) information, just write down “N/A” or Not Applicable.
- A Valid Identification ID (Original & Photocopy) – Most of the time, the Philippine Embassy or Consular Office asks for your valid ID and since you’re an OFW working and currently residing in another country, the best valid id you can present is your Philippine Passport. So before going to apply for your NBI Clearance, make sure to bring your Philippine Passport. Have it photocopy and prepare it for submission. You may also need to present the original Philippine Passport so don’t leave them at home.
It is also recommended that you bring a second valid ID such as your PRC ID, Driver’s License or SSS. Just to make sure.
Ways To Get NBI Clearance from Abroad
There are two ways to do it:
- With an authorized representative
- Without an authorized representative
Let us discuss both options individually now,
Option 1. Applying For NBI Clearance With an authorized representative
- Get an NBI Clearance application form (NBI Form No. 5) from the Philippine Embassy or Consular Office in the country where you’re staying. Fill out the form.
- Affix your fingerprints. You can pay for fingerprinting service in your embassy or consulate, or you may also ask the assistance of your host country’s police department.
- Attach two pieces of your recent 2×2 photo in white background. It should have been taken within the last three months. You might also be asked to write your name and signature at the back.
- Provide photocopies of your Philippine passport and other valid government IDs, if any.
- Send the accomplished form, requirements, and a letter of authorization to your representative in the Philippines using any courier platform you see fit.
- Register for an online appointment. Sign up at the NBI Clearance Online Services page and fill out your details.
- Choose the NBI Clearance Center in United Nations Ave., Ermita, Manila because that’s the only NBI branch that accepts authorized applicants. Make sure that your representative brings an ID as well.
- Once your application is filed, you will get a reference number, which will serve as NBI’s code in retrieving your data and application status.
- Pay for the Php 140 NBI clearance renewal fee. Your representative can pay at the nearest Bayad Center, or use Coins.ph for a hassle-free NBI online payment.
- To pay online with Coins.ph, simply click Pay Bills, choose NBI as your biller, and type in the amount and reference number. NBI clearance usually costs P140, including courier service if you prefer to have it delivered to a local address.
- Have your authorized representative send your NBI clearance to your present address.
- The processing of your NBI clearance may take up to five days upon receiving your application form. Leave a one-month allowance for the whole process.
- But if you do not have an authorized person whom you can trust your documents to process your NBI Clearance, you need to take the second option.
Option 2. Applying For NBI Clearance Without an Authorized Representative.
- The Documentary List is the same for this option.
- In addition to the requirements, also attach Php 200 in the form of a money order or bank draft addressed to the NBI director. Send these all to:
Ms. SANDRA P. SOBIDA
Mailed Clearance Section
3rd Floor, NBI Clearance Bldg.,
UN Avenue, Ermita, Manila
Step 3 Make an Online Appointment.
- Follow Step 6 of Option 1.
- After registration, sign in to your account and click “Apply for Clearance.”
- Go directly to payment options, choose a payment channel, and copy the reference number that will appear on the screen. NBI will need this to pull up your account information and application status.
Step 4 Wait for Your NBI Clearance.
- Upon receipt of your documents, it may take up to 5 days to process your application.
- Once you receive it, check for an embossed dry seal of NBI to ensure authenticity. Affix your right thumb mark on the space provided.
- The exact procedure, as well as requirements needed for getting/renewing an NBI clearance without an authorized representative, may change without further notice.
For more information, contact the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence and ask for assistance.
These were the two option available for getting the NBI clearance from abroad. I have mentioned all the necessary details in the given article and has also mentioned the requirements of the documents in order to fill-up the form.
I hope you read it and understood it easily. If you have any doubt feel free to comment below. Thank You.